Dara Denesh: 13 Things You Can Do To Become A Better 1st AD (and Producer)
1. Ask your director for a shot list.
2. Create a realistic shooting schedule.
3. Start the shoot day with a five-minute standup.
4. Walk through the scenes to prep for changes.
5. Touch base with departments between setups.
6. Communicate effectively.
7. Embrace being a problem solver. It's your job.
8. Four ways to stay on schedule.
9. Learn people's names.
10. Saying "thank you" goes a long way.
11. Keep the energy high with better food.
12. Keep your talent engaged.
13. Stay focused on what matters.
Read the whole Oct. 12th, 2015 IndieWire article. Memorize as much as you can. I am just listing the 13 headers, but each point that Dara Denesh makes is supported by great specifics and examples.
Thanks to veteran coordinator, production manager, producer and educator Lisa Cook Peterson for the link.
Posted by Randy Finch on Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Randy Finch's Film Blog:
Thoughts from a film producer about making and distributing films.
Post a Comment