Because, it's so important - and because so many microbudget filmmakers fail when it comes to social media and the marketing of their films - I'm reposting Sheri Candler's great advice about guerrilla marketing for filmmakers:
In a blogpost (based on her new book, pictured above), Sheri Candler suggests 5 rules for filmmakers employing social media to build an audience.
1) Don’t spend all of your time talking about your film on social media.
2) Regular activity is imperative.
3) Research and build connections with influential people.
4) Know your audience and what drives them.
5) Make sure that there is a dialog with your audience.