Accelerators, Incubators and Content: Nick DeMartino
Nick DeMartino is the former Director of AFI New Media Ventures and a noted New World of tech and storytelling consultant.
In an Oct. 24th, 2012 blogpost, Nick DeMartino updated how start-up accelerators and incubators are beginning to change how tech and entertainment companies collaborate.
For example, in his Oct. 24th, 2012 post, Nick DeMartino (relying on a survey conducted by Mikko Järvenpää) listed 10 primary ways that accelerators can add value to startups - suggesting that content creators might think about these 10 ideas as they begin looking to collaborate with tech start-ups.
1. Generating and validating an idea and a business model.
2. Investing and finding more investors.
3. Providing contacts and opening doors.
4. Providing mentors, advisors and guidance.
5. Providing hands-on help or education.
6. Helping in product development and testing.
7. Helping with product marketing and user acquisition.
8. Providing a peer group in a high-pressure environment.
9. Providing a physical location and support resources.
10. Negotiating and providing discounts, freebies and perks.